Why is beeswax the ultimate wax?
- Non-processed, completely natural product.
- Does not emit toxins or smoke when burned.
- Supports local beekeepers to maintain hives to increase pollination and improve the ecology of the local environment.
- Beeswax production does not have any harmful effect on our environment nor does it use up valuable natural resources.
Why is paraffin wax harmful?
- When burned paraffin wax emits highly toxic emissions which may be carcinogenic such as benzene and toluene.
- A by product of the petroleum industry paraffin has to be highly processed and bleached before it can be used for candle making.
- Source of indoor air pollution.
- Highly processed product which is harmful to the environment.
Why is soy wax harmful?
- Soy production has a value as a food product but can be overcultivated causing environmental degradation.
- Commercially produced soy wax relies heavily on GMO crops and heavy usage of pesticides, harmful to health and ecology.
- A highly processed product which must go through many stages of production including chemical bleaching and deodorisation.
- There are hidden petrochemical components in soy wax and some soy candles have paraffin wax added to them to improve burning.
Why are scented candles harmful?
- The chemical content of scents and dyes added to candles can emit toxic fumes when burned.
- Some scented candle wicks also contain heavy metals in the core.
- If you wish to fragrance your room a safer way to do it is to diffuse essential oils or use essential oils, use essential oils in an oil burner or melt beeswax wax melts to release the fragrance.